spreading public and private freedoms and guaranteeing human rights.
Totalitarian regimes in the recent history of Sudan, especially during the time of the Ingaz system, contributed to the digestion of rights of Individuals, minorities, suppressing freedoms, violating Sudanese human rights and undermining its dignity, which led to the feeling of persecuted by wide groups of the Sudanese people, and to remedy that, the transitional government will make the following procedures:
- Repeal laws, legislations, and texts restricting freedoms by carrying out urgent legal reform.
- Restructuring and building the legal and justice system and qualifying its cadres to achieve the independence and integrity of the judiciary, strengthening the rule of law and achieving justice.
- Establishing and activating an independent and specialized national commission focused on transitional justice cases as mentioned in the constitutional document.
- Support The independent investigation commission established by the government in light of what is mentioned in the constitutional document to accomplish its tasks which are to investigate the violent and murderous events that accompanied the glorious December revolution, especially breaking the sit-in and bring the perpetrators to a fair trial.
- Create and activate a national legal commission for the purpose of reviewing existing laws or enacting new laws and ensure its enforcement to establish the principle of the rule of law.
- Adopt and encourage oversighting and supporting bodies, mechanisms and societies for human rights issues.
- Adopting and enforcing international human rights conventions and enforcing them, starting with the international legitimacy of human rights especially the rights of women and children.
- Promote and guarantee religious freedoms in a manner that preserves the citizen’s full right to practice his religious rights.