National Strategic Direction for the Transition Period
The forces of freedom and change, with their various components, and through the task forces, put forward proposals to manage the transitional phase and address the most urgent issues that have emerged in the preparation of emergency programs and the identification of alternative policies and the identification of the most important axes to focus on.
I believe that the mechanism of action moved directly and jumped to the executive planning stage without clarifying the strategic direction of the transitional phase, what is the national vision, mission, national values for this stage, what is the required national development strategy, the sectional results, the desired level of results and the indicators to measure them.
Therefore, we find the absence of strategic thought as a philosophy and institutional framework is required to bring about the desired change until the principles of coherence, coordination, and integration are realized and role-play between the federal and provincial levels and including the ministries and government institutions in the center and regions.
The following is a proposal to define the national strategic direction of the transition as a precondition and very important because it reflects the overall goals, objectives and overall mechanisms of the state (central government and provincial governments), which is the umbrella and compass under which the results and objectives, programs, policies, projects and activities at the level of ministries or institutions during the period of The time frame for developing a strategic development plan for the transitional period.
This national orientation is guided and directed to the strategic plans at the level of ministries and government institutions for the transitional period, which represent the tools and mechanisms of the state in achieving its national orientation.
The preparation phase of the National Development Strategy document for the transitional period:
First: – The stage of preparing the strategic framework document
- Defining the national vision, mission, and values (the major transformations that the Sudanese revolution hopes and wishes to achieve to overcome the current situation left by the former regime). This point also includes what are the objectives and possible ways to exploit resources and who are the partners to achieve the desired success.
- Determine the planning date range (3 years of transition)
- Results of studies for conducting strategic analysis status quo Conducting SWOT and PESTEL analysis at country level (ministries/states).
- Identify the most important pillars and axes targeted by strategic planning and achieve the vision. After highlighting the main challenges of the transition.
- Determine the results of the studies for identifying key sectional result areas and their priorities, the desired level of achievement of these results, indicators of measurement, intersections and overlaps at the sectional level and Benchmarking local, regional and international. Target programs are identified for each sector.
Second: – The stage of preparing the document of the national strategy for development for the transitional period
- Identify the chosen strategic planning model Here we strongly recommend the adoption of the approach of strategic planning based on results Strategic Planning Based on Outcomes in the preparation of the plan.
- Lessons learned from past planning practice and evaluation results.
- Benefiting from the results of the studies of the sectional reality survey.
- Identify key sectional outcome areas and priorities.
- Determining the methodology, method, and supervision of the central authority concerned with strategic planning on the planning practice.
- Training frameworks to train planning cadres.
- Identify the expertise and class of experts that can be hired.