Areas of experience are: Digital Health Innovation, Health Informatics workflow optimization, eHealth Regulatory Framework and Compliance, Health Information Systems/Health Information Exchange, Digital Maturity and Accreditation according to International Standards, Project and Change Management experience in Healthcare IT Transformation Programs, and his current projects include Organizational Development and Strategy Consultancy, stakeholder engagement and knowledge management & skills in the areas of: Strategy Development, Organizational Development & Design, Corporate Policy Development, workforce Development, Business Process Re-engineering, change management and Organizational Excellence. He serves as an eHealth Advisory for Health Innovation Advisory, and is a member of international societies such as Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Project Management Institute (PMI), International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA).
Dr Mazin Gadir was recently honored with the (PMI Volunteer of the year for his contributions to the Innovation in Project Management.
Relevant Work Experience
• Participated and managed activities in the development and implementation of the DHA Transformation Strategy 2021 including the development of DHA Transformation Framework, the formation of the Transformation Task Force and the development of the Transformation toolkit.
• Participated and managed activities in the development and implementation of DHA Project Management Framework and The Organizational Project Management Maturity Model or OPM3® for DHA. AWTAAD initiative aims to qualify over 120 DHA employees (including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, engineers, IT professionals and administration staff to name a few) in project management in healthcare
• Managed the team responsible for conducting and organizing project management and change management training for DHA staff.
• Led and managed the execution and implementation of DHA 2018 STRATEX budget (100 Million AED) for 2018 strategic and priority programs in DHA that cover the implementation of strategies of such as DHA Mental Health Strategy 2021, DHA Investment Strategy 2021, DHA new organizational structure, development of the environmental and occupational health strategies in Dubai.
• Led the execution and implementation of the priority transformation and strategic initiatives in 2017 with a total budget of 20 Million AED that included the development and tendering of 6 major programs in Primary Care, Dental Care & Oral Hygiene, Dubai Health Information Exchange, Dubai Health Facilities Performance Framework, Dubai Health and Wellness tourism Strategy 2021, Dubai Mental Health Strategy 2021, Dubai Health Investment Strategy 2021, Dubai Health Innovation and AI Strategy and Dubai Disability Strategy.
• Worked on the development and preparation for DHA Innovation and Artificial Intelligence strategy that includes the establishment of DHA Innovation and AI framework, which consists of four main themes that include enriching the culture of innovation inside the authority, improving the innovation governance and processes, and the main innovation pillars, which will contribute to happier stakeholders.
• Supported the establishment of the DHA Transformation Forum on quarterly basis which is aimed to provide DHA program and initiative leaders with a platform to discuss the DHA’s developmental strategy.
• Worked as part of the task force team responsible for development and implementation of Dubai Health Authority new organizational structure and operating model with The Executive Council TEC of Dubai. This includes conducting a current state assessment on the current structure of DHA, finalize a benchmark study that included comparisons with Department of Health Abu Dhabi, MoH Singapore, KSA MOH, Qatar MOPH, UK NHS, Canada Healthcare and Germany Health System.
Also, I was involved in the development of stakeholder engagement framework for all CEOs, Directors and middle
management with in DHA.
In Dubai Health Authority (DHA), I supported and led the project team on developing DHA Health and Wellness Tourism Strategy 2017-2021 along with PwC undertaking tasks such as current state assessment, benchmark analysis, KPI and initiative definition.
• As an eHealth expert, I am participating in the Network Analysis for Backbone and Integrated Dubai Health Program to roll out Dubai Health Information Exchange through a Private Public Partnership with TELCOM companies Etisalat/du.
• I am leading the tender development and managing venders through the bidding process for Dubai Health Facilities
Performance Framework (DHFPF) and the design for the technical and functional requirements for Dubai Patient Safety Index (DPSI).
• Manage and support the implementation and executions of all Dubai Health Strategy 2021 programs including: Care
Model Innovation, Primary Care, Dental Care, Healthcare Tourism, Workforce planning and Medical Education, Medical Informatics and Technology, Health Insurance and Financing, Health Investment and Partnerships.
• Own and develop the budget for all 15 strategic programs in Dubai Health Strategy 2021 and its associated 115 initiatives along with supervise and support the Project Management team during the performance management and KPI monitoring. As well as develop and implement DHA Transformation Strategy and Process Excellence framework.
• I have led the development of eHealth policy and regulatory framework for the implementation of the Health
Information Systems related to information and data security for the National Qatar eHealth and Data Management
• I participated in formulating the guidelines for the development of HIS policies as per international and regional
standards and regulations such as HIPAA security framework during the development of Qatar National eHealth
• I developed and led the digital maturity assessment across the Primary Health Care Corporation PHCC in Qatar
according to the Health Information Management System Society HIMSS international standards and digital
• I have aligned HIS workflows and processes to JCI Accreditation standards and guidelines to support the
Ambulatory Health Services AHS at Abu Dhabi Health Authority to achieve JCI accreditation.
• Led and supported Clinical Information System Consolidation Assessment that covered a technical, functional,
financial and strategic analysis of the Healthcare Information Systems at Sidra and Hamad Medical Corporation/Primary Health Care Corporation in Qatar
• Led the current state assessment and assessed the E-Health Maturity of the all healthcare providers in the state of Qatar.
Also drafted E-Health Policy Framework and Guidelines. As E-Health Subject Matter Expert, he supported the
delivery of E-Health Training and Education plan as well as the development of E-Health governance framework.
• Managed Health Information System projects such as implementation, customization, planning, coordination,
development, and Training of a variety of Cerner Millennium applications. Prior to joining PwC, he has been
responsible for managing project teams, holding Regular status meetings, Future System study and workflow analysis, HIS
updates and validation in Abu Dhabi Health Authority, Ambulatory Healthcare Services.
• Led and participated to the PwC task force to support clients in the GCC on developing the framework for Heath
Information Exchange based on International Standards and HIMSS HIE Guidelines and developed the marketing
strategy Health Information Network
• Developed performance improvement framework for DHA based on benefit realization and international
benchmarks to Assist DHA leaders at the 2015 Key Performance Indicator KPI Workshop in Dubai UAE
• Led clients’ End-Users and Specialist training projects as a learning Program Manager at Abu Dhabi Health Authority
• Managed project plans, learning development and Leading Strategic Change Management Workshops for UK,
UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar Hospitals and Outpatient clinics. Manage learning materials, job aid, web-based learning module development, end user instructions, and end user conversion support for clients and organisations in NHS (UK), KFSH in Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi Health Authority (SEHA) and UAE Ministry of Health
• Managed implementation phases, i.e. design, testing, training programs, go-live support and client support
projects covering Cerner HIS applications across UK NHS hospitals, Worthing and Southlands Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust, Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust, Queen Mary’s Sidcup NHS Trust, Bart’s and The London NHS Trust, Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust
• Outstanding skills in business development and networking skills as well as manage the development of new methods or approaches in order to meet the needs of the client and those of PwC
• Assists clients in identifying problems and recommending solutions around project participation from client’s side as well as manage and nurture vendor relationships while maintaining vendor agnostic position.
• Manage and coordinate Health Information System (HIS) team of subject matter experts in HIS Cerner implementation projects across Al Ain, Tawam, SKMC and Mafraq Hospital outpatient clinics.
• Develop and lead Learning plan development sessions with clients and department managers in Children Cancer Hospital foundation (CCHF) in Cairo, Shaikh Khalifa Hospital, Al Qassimi and Al Kuwaiti Hospitals in ICAP MoH, 24 AEHA Ambulatory Health Services (AHS) Clinics.
PhD in Quantum Electronics and Nanotechnology in Medical Imaging, Leeds University, UK
Masters in Management (Merit), University of Leeds University Business School, UK
Bachelor of Engineering (1st class Honours) in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Leeds University, UK
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Project Management Professional (PMP)
ITIL v3 Foundation
Certified TAP trainer by the Institute of IT Training
Certified Change Acceleration Process CAP
Certified Prosci Change Management Practitioner (ADKAR)
Certified Process Improvement Professional (FastWorks)
Certified Next Generation PMO and Portfolio Management