Mr. Hussein is a national and international Youth and Volunteerism Expert.
Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges. It can transform the pace and nature of development. It benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity, and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation. My mission is to actively engage with Youth, youth entities and Volunteer Involving Organizations (VIOs) that support peace, freedom and development through advocating for the promotion, facilitation, networking and recognition of youth and volunteers, extend advisory services to integrate youth volunteerism into development programming, and facilitate mobilizing an increasing numbers and diversity of youth volunteers, including experienced and professional volunteers, nationally and globally.
* Remarkably contributed to promoting peace and development, directly and through volunteerism, at country, regional and global levels;
* Worked at UNDP Sudan CO in Khartoum, as an Assistant to the UN Resident Representative from 1990 through 1998;
* Appointed in 1999 at UN Volunteers (UNV) HQs in Bonn, Germany to manage the Arab States Region;
* Served in various senior positions leading UNV management in the Arab States, Latin America and the Caribbean (ARLAC), South-East Asia and the Pacific, till end 2017;
* Freelance consultant on Project & Programme management and development; youth development; Nat. & Int. Volunteerism infrastructures; energy and environmental management;
* Established and Headed the Computer Section of the National Energy Administration (NEA) as the Head of Automation and Computerization in Sudan (1984-1990);
* Sudanese national with postgraduate in Development Studies (JIU, US, 2004);
* Computerized Energy Modelling from (SUNY, New York, 1987);
* BSc. In Mathematics, University of Athens, Greece 1984;
* Fluent in Arabic, English, Greek, and basic German.