Dr. Noreldaim El Khidir
Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
University of Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- PhD Biological Science. University of Durham (UK), 30/6/1994.
- MSc Environmental Studies. University of Gezira (Sudan), 1/8/1987.
- BSc Honours Natural Resources and Environmental Studies. University of Juba (Sudan), 28/12/1982.
Biological and environmental sciences desciplines including ecology, physiology, human biology, and environmental impact assessment. Other courses include research and experimental design.
- Juba University (Sudan) 1987-2007. As lecturer and assistant professor
- Bahri University (Sudan) 2007-2011). As assistant and associate professor
- Al Jouf University (KSA) 2011-2014. As associate professor.
- IAU KSA 2015 to date. As associate professor.
- Principal Investigator, Micro-propagation of Olea europeae Research Project, 2013-2014. Al Jouf University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Hussein. Effects of nutrient media constituents on growth and development of banana (Musa spp.) shoot tips cultured in vitro. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 11(37), pp. 9001-9006, 8 May, 2012 6.
- Hussein, Manipulation of Ovaries/Ovules and Clearance and Isolation of Embryo Sacs of Impatiens glandulifera and Nicotiana Tabacum. Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences, (3): 91-95, 2013. 7.
- Hussein, In vitro manipulation of Impatiens glandulifera for transporting extra-cellular substances to the embryo sac. Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 2013.
- A study on the growth and development of Acacia seyal and A. mellifera, Sudan Studies, Publication of the Sudanese Studies Society of the United Kingdom, Durham University, 1990.
- Loading of xenobiotics into pollen, Article presented to the First Plant Symposium on: Plant Tissue Culture Technology and its Applications in the Agricultural Development in Sudan, UNESCO and National Sub-committee of Biosciences and Biotechnology, Khartoum, 1994.
- Prospected Dryness Around the Sudd Region in Southern Sudan. of Arts and Letters, September 2006.
Curriculum Development Activities:
- Coordinator for curriculum development of the Plant Sciences Department, Faculty of Science, Aljouf University.
- Curriculum for Environmental Studies Discipline, University of Juba.
- Curriculum for Al Mileik Women Community Development Collee, Omdurman.
- Curriculum Committee for Ruad College for Science and Technology, Omdurman.
Workshops and Training:
- Intended Learning Outcomes. Providing Constructive Feedback. Deanship of Academic Development, University of Dammam, 2016.
- How to Write a Scientific Research for Publication. Academic Development Unit, Dammam University, 24/4/2016.
- Adequate understanding of preparatory year students, Damam University, 5 June 2016.
- Classroom Management, Dammam University, Deanship of University Education Development, 9th June 2016.
- Make Lecture Planning Interactive. Dammam University, Deanship of University Education Development, 7th June 2016.
- Dammam University, Deanship of University Education Development, 19 June 2016. 7. Alternative Assessment. Dammam University, Deanship of University Education Development, 19th June 2016.
- Rubrics Development Workshop. Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, September 17th, 2018.
- Using Cognitive Mapping strategy in teaching and assessment. Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, October 2nd, 2018.
- Member, Sudan National Biotechnology Committee.
- Member, University of Juba Senate.
- Editorial Member, Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Studies, University of Juba, Sudan.
- Member, Sudanese Studies Society, United Kingdom
- Member, International Persistent Organic Pollutants Elimination Network (IPEN).
- Member, Sudanese Environmental Society.
- Member, Ruad College for Science and Technology Council.
Skills and Languages:
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications (1990-Date).
Fluent in English Language