A talented, results-driven Senior Civil Engineering Management Professional with 30 years of experience in Program Management, Project management, project planning, execution and design & delivering of engineering solutions for multi-million dollar major engineering projects related to INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT / HIGH RISE RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL TOWERS/ RESORTS & HOTELS, TOURISM AND OIL & GAS PROJECTS for a reputed companies in UAE/ Kingdom of Saudi Arabia/QATAR/ AFRICA.
- Vast exposure in managing multimillion fast track Engineering projects related for reputed clients in UAE/ KSA/QATAR. Excellent knowledge of Contract Conditions (FIDIC LAW, Red Book, Green Book & Silver Book), Health and Safety Regulations, Local Authorities Requirements for the Projects. Conversant with International Standards and specifications for construction, ISO Standards.
- Strategically-focused with exceptional leadership skills. Proven success benchmarking pace-setting results across key performance metrics. Financially astute in managing capital, revenue targets, cost reductions, and profitable growth. Exceptional managerial, leadership, human relations, analytical, interpersonal, organizational planning and negotiations skills.
- Recognized for attention to detail, adherence to standards, with highly developed technical expertise with exceptional skills in managing teams. Intensive PMO knowledge in handling Portfolios, Programs & Projects. Looking for a challenging position as Key/Senior managerial position with an International company utilizing a diversity of commercial project management experience.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Saudi Aramco 2009 to Date
Project Management Specialist Ras AL-Khair, KSA
Proven highly oriented Project Management Specialist for myriad issues related to Program/ Project Management with significant tangible results. Play key roles in program management office (PMO) and Project Control Division (PCD) in establishing program standards, procedures and roadmap to maintain and governs high level of quality of services during all program/Project phases. Manage a team in the range of 10 to 20 direct reports.
- Overall Project/ Program Packages monitoring & control for entire Program life cycle, FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning & Handover. Provides advice on matters related to development and implementation of program execution strategies.
- Monitoring the FEED progress both in Kingdom (IK) and out of Kingdom (OOK).
- Assist with all Program start up requirements including staffing plan, Packaging strategy Pro Forma Contracts, EIA, Technical Evaluation etc..
- Participate in numerous Program workshop and studies, e.g. constructability, VE, Risk Management etc.
- Employ Qualitative & Quantitative Risk analysis using Monte Carlo simulation.
- Utilize BIM 4D automated progress monitoring & tracking.
- Engagement in PLC Gate Review Process, PPR, WPR.
- Applying KPIs and Dashboard procedures to monitor the health of program and component projects performance and highlighting adverse triggers.
- Interface with all related program stakeholder including governmental bodies.
- Participate in developing procedures, manuals to enhance program governance oversight.
- Supervising consultants and PMC program control team.
- Review and approve/comment on the design and construction schedules, recovery schedules and any action plans submitted by EPC Contractors.
- Prepare the necessary actions/reports associated with Time and Cost management issues includes Cash Flow, Cost control, Forecasting, Change requests, Claims and Notices submitted by Contractors, Vendors & Suppliers. Delay analysis and time impact assessment by using Contemporaneous method.
- Supervising consultants and PMC PCD team. Manage a team of 18 direct reports including PMC commercial and control team
Major Projects handled
King Salman Intl. Complex for Maritime Industries (KSICMI)
A world class and globally competitive Maritime Yard of value exceed $x Billion to establish a hub of excellence of commercially feasible Maritime Industries to diversifying sources of KSA income and to provide completive services and manufacturing of shipbuilding, Rigs and repairing. The layout of the Maritime Yard is divided into four production zones and two non-production zones. The works comprises of Dredging/Reclamation, Marine Structure includes Dry Docks, Wharfs, Piers, Berths, Quay Walls, Central Services, Ship lifting, Workshops/Warehouses, Offices, Residential community and all associated infrastructure and central services.
Jeddah stormwater program (JSDP)
Jeddah stormwater program (JSDP) represents major improvements to the well-being of all Jeddah’s citizens charted to construct a drainage system for the entire city of Jeddah to protect the city from floods and to design and built a drainage networks either. Program carried out in two phases including future urban areas with total values exceed $4.0 Billion in value. JSDP Program involves heavy civil construction such as building dams, bridges, open channels, box culverts. It also includes creation of governmental crisis and disaster control management center (MACDMC), urban planning, design and constructing of highways, Environmental & Social management plan.
North Area Projects Department (NAPD)
Worked with Project Management Core Team at Northern area Dept located in Ras Tanura, Eastern Region. The geographical areas include Safaniya plant, Abu Ali plant & Berri Gas Plant with annual projects values exceeds US $ 500 Million.
BH.NS Consultant 2007 – 2009
Operation Manager Dubai, UAE
Provide highly strategic and tactical leadership as Operations Manager of this leading Engineering Consultancy/Project Management services company with annual projects value exceeding US $ 3 Billion in. Fully accountable to the MD/CEO to provide visibility and monitor productivity. Managing a team of 12.
Key Strategic Accomplishments:-
- Full responsibility for the commercial management of the company’s operations including strategic & tactical planning, financial, marketing, business development, personnel, information technology, Legal compliance, and P & L performance functions.
- Direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control and completion of civil engineering projects.
- Represent the organization in important external business relationships with clients, government, and the public so that the organization’s image is reflected in a positive manner and where such contacts are critical to the achievement of objectives.
- Establish accountability and authority limits for subordinate managers and monitor their performance in execution of operating plans, and organizational objectives, taking corrective action where warranted.
- Present operating budgets to MD/CEO for approval and integration into corporate budget, review operating results, and capital expenditures on a regular basis; assess need for mid-course corrections; report results to MD/CEO. Control cost by ensuring that all operating activities are carried out in the most cost-effective manner.
- Develop operating policies in conjunction with various functional executives and direct development and implementation of project policy & procedures & parameters, Value Engineering, specifications required to carry-out the objectives of each.
- Recruited top-tier, international team of highly competent technical professionals for the organization to achieve crucial corporate objective of obtaining unsurpassed technical talent assets for the monitoring and controlling of multiple and large projects for timely execution within the allocated budget for Civil Engineering Projects.
- Establish project goals, priorities, and timelines and successfully achieve the delicate balance between creative talents/ ideas while maintaining focus on client needs, business objectives, and timely deliverables.
- Leverage expert negotiation skills for contract negotiations with clients during the tendering process.
- Play key role in the implementation of Quality and Safety Measures at all levels of project activities.
- Provide seasoned expertise in the streamlining of the business, improving productivity, efficiency and risk management.
- Chair Project meetings, presentation meetings and advice / report on critical issues to the top management.
Hill International 2003-2007
Project Control Manager Abu Dhabi, UAE
Directed, coordinated and exercised functional authority for planning and execution of major civil engineering project related construction of High Rise Towers / Buildings – Residential & Commercial through contractors. Reported to Vice President Manager. Managed a team of 5.
Worked with a core team at Head office to serve all projects managed by Abu Dhabi office. Projects includes Al Durrah project (74 floors and cost equal $250M), Etihad Towers (Six towers, four towers in one podium with total cost approx. $680M).
- Claims review, evaluation and assessment.
- Working with other core team in monitoring and controlling projects.
- Providing support, guidance, policies, methodologies and templates for managing projects within the organization.
- Launch new projects while staffing under processing.
- New proposals
- Joined the company as Senior Schedule and worked on two major projects: New Sahil Accommodation Project, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), Das Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Project Value $ 60 million offshore project at Das Island.
- Hamad Medical Complex/Asian Games Athletes’ Village, Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture, Doha, Qatar. Hill International was retained by Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture to manage the design and construction of the $500 million, future Hamad Medical City.
HAK Group – Al Khobar 2000 – 2003
Head of Projects / Project Manager Eastern, KSA
Responsible for planning, directing, managing, coordinating and expediting through Civil Engineering team the execution of the Civil Engineering projects related to Infrastructure / Residential/ Commercial and Tourism Construction Projects including the reclamation through contractors within cost, schedule and contract limitations while ensuring total satisfaction. Report to the General Manager. Manage a team of 8.
- Land development with EIA, dredging and reclamation works, morphological aspects, water circulation study, resorts and marina.
- Formulation of strategy required, study the feasibility, implementing economic models such as NPV & IRR.
- Contract administration (FIDIC Law), assessment and evaluation tenders by using weighing system (scoring model).
- Developed and implemented project execution strategy, studied feasibility, implemented economic models such as NPV & IRR and ensured the implementation of quality control standards and cost control on project for on time completion.
- Supervised monitored and reported Project progress throughout the project cycle to ensure on time completion and to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conformed to project specifications and quality standards. Attended Project Progress Meetings and coordinate with other departments.
- Integrated project monitoring and control by using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Implemented work breakdown structure (WBS) dictionary. Fast tracking, crashing, resource planning and work authorization system.
- Enhanced quality planning by implementing flowcharts, checklists, cost benefit analysis, Pareto diagram, cause-and-effects diagram (fish bone diagram) and control charts.
- Managed costing, Cash Flow Requirements for the Projects. Controlled expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Managed and controlled Project Budget.
- Establish and maintain effective Health and Safety system in place for the Projects strictly adhering to standards and specifications. Assure the company procedures and company policies are being complied with Company Business Conduct and Ethics Policies at all times.
- Training and development of subordinate employees to improve project performance and enhance individual career development.
Major Projects handled
- Project: Amwaj Resort & Marina, Al Khobar, KSA. $100 million project which contained 300 villas built in one square kilometer, dredging work, marina, and artificial lagoons, infrastructure work, and all required soft and hard landscaping.
- Project: Al Fanar Project, Al Khobar, KSA. The $200 million project was reclamation by dredging of an offshore approximately 4 square kilometers and all needed infrastructure work.
NGC-Riyadh 1995 – 1999
Project Manager Riyadh, KSA
Directed and supervised Civil Engineering team responsible for planning and execution of major civil engineering projects related to Infrastructure Development through engineering team and sub-contractors. Directly supervised 15. Managed a team of 120. Report to the Project Director.
- Provided leadership to project team to accomplish project goals and monitor out-put.
- Ensured a positive work environment and awareness by all staff at the site of project goals and objectives.
- Conducted site meetings Monitored progress throughout the project cycle, ensuring cost and time constraints are met and acting to ensure problem resolution, as necessary.
- Studied specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times.
- Studied specifications to plan procedures for staffing requirements for each phase of project, based on knowledge of available tools, equipment and various building methods.
- Planned and enforced health and safety measures for safe working environment.
- Coordinated with clients and with subcontractors for material, invoicing and payments.
- Identified, selected and appointed Sub-contractors. Costing,
- BOQ, cash flow, variations, progress and payment schedule.
- Liaised with Client, Consultants and the sub-Contractors.
Major Projects Managed:
- Telephone Extension Project, Phase 6 Project, $7 billion project (Company portion is $250M) under the supervision of AT&T, the main contractor.
Al-Hanouf Group 1994 – 1995
Civil Engineer Jeddah, KSA
Extension of King Fahd Hospital with value $16 million.
- General supervision, method statements, variations, estimation, contract administration and bar bending scheduling.
IIRO-Jeddah 1990 – 1993
Project Superintendent Jeddah, KSA
Islamic Development Bank Funded Programs
- Orphanage complex in Darussalam, Tanzania, Africa.
- School and Mosque in Lilinque, Malawi, Africa.
- Diversified projects in Tirana, Albania, and Europe that included polyclinics and mosques
Nile Co- Khartoum 1987 – 1990
Project Engineer Khartoum, Sudan
- Diversified civil works that includes Warehouses and Residential projects.
- Site inspection, tracking submittals and shop drawings.
- Studying change orders and price evaluations.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
►B.S. Hons, Civil Engineering, University of Khartoum, 1987
►M.S. Construction & Engineering Management, University Putra Malaysia, 2000
►Diploma, Fundamental skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering, Iowa State University, USA, 2006
►Certified as Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI, USA, 2003
►Certified as Planning and Schedule Professional (PSP), AACE, USA, 2006
►Certified Cost Engineer (CCP), AACE, 2008
►certified Program Management Professional (PgMP), PMI, USA, 2011
►Project Management Office certified (PMOC), ALL PMO Network, USA, 2013
► Certified as Risk management Professional (PMI-RMP), PMI, USA, 2015
►Specific Interest Group (Risk Management)
►Project Management Institute
►Institute of Arbitrators
►Society of Construction Law, UAE
►The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Tanzania, Malawi, Albania.
AWARDS / HONORS
►Finishing Project within Budget and Ahead of Schedule (STC-Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, 1997)
►Finishing Offshore Project within Budget and Ahead of Schedule (ADNOC, Das Island, 2006)
PUBLICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
►AACE/PMI Instructor, Arabian Gulf Chapter
►”Risk Management in Construction,” Gulf PM Magazine 2004: 2-3
►”Risk Management Approaches in Projects Management: Robust Reliability Model,” Gulf PM Magazine 2005 Issue 12, 36- 37, Project Management Institute
► “Delay Claims Management in Construction” Gulf PM Magazine, September 2007: 20-25
► “Uncertainty in Project Scheduling – Its Use in PERT/CPM Conventional Techniques” Cost Engineering Journal, AACE, Vol. 51 No 7, July 2009: 30-34
► “Numerous articles in Construction Week Magazine, Middle East in various project management topics”.
► Co-author of Published Book “Scheduling Development Handbook”
Numerous and several seminars and workshops in project / construction management topics
Proficient in the use of: MS-Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Access/Power BI/Visio), Primavera (P3, P5, P6), Pertmaster, Safran, Synchro, Decision Edge, Expedition, MS Project, Crystal Ball, Risk+, INSIGHT.xla.