• More than 35 Year of Industry experience in Power Engineering including Mechanical Engineering, Staff Supervision, Project Management, Team Leadership and consistent development in technical related issues involving maintenance and administration
• Practical hands-on experience in the installation, operation, maintenance, and overhaul of industrial and aeroderative gas turbine and large rotating equipment
• Assistant Superintendent for maintenance section at Uthmaniyah/Faras Generation Power Plant (1200 MW Electric Gas Turbine Generating sets) of Saudi Consolidated Electric Company in the Eastern Province (SCECO-East).
• Engineered modifications that have successfully resolved several nuisance problems used to cause numerous power outage and units trips and start-up aborts contributed in aborts and trips of the units
02/87 -Present. Saudi Consolidated Electric Company in the Eastern Province (SCECO-East).
01/2004 -Present Division Manager- Generation Planning Department SEC-ERB (Saudi Electricity Co-Eastern Region Branch)
- Provide Budget Plans For All-East Operating Area (EOA)Generation Departments Initiate Plans For Economic Fuel Consumption & Rotating Parts Management
- Prepare operating and business plans, Capital Budget plans, and Periodic Accountability reports. Consolidation of all department packages into Generations summary and submit to higher management.
- Prepare Presentation Slides for higher management review.
05/97 -01/04 Principal Engineer for the Mechanical Engineering Division (SCECO-East).
- Provide professional technical support in engineering matters relating to Power Plants.
- Improve performance, availability and maintain reliability of Power Plants.
- Assist maintenance of Gas Turbine power plants by providing consultant and engineering services for technical advice and recommendation on specific problem areas.
- Coordinate the refurbishments programs and evaluate results of refurbishment for Gas Turbines hot gas components and support systems.
- Evaluate the vendor repair inspection reports and workscopes for components.
- Follow up the repaired components after installation to evaluate effectiveness of the repair.
- Develop test standard, analyze engineering and technical properties and recommend product to be used in the support systems.
- Review and technically evaluate the alternate vendors and their products/repair facilities.
02/93to 04/97 Assistant Superintendent for Maintenance Section of Uthmaniyah/Faras Generation Division (SCECO –East).
- Relieved the Power Plant Superintendent during his absence.
- Ensured the major problems on plant units are identified and corrected in timely manners.
- Planned workload and manpower requirement for the maintenance section.
- Liaison with senior management and the various company departments to ensure smooth operation, cost effectiveness and compliance with daily contractual requirements.
- Prepared estimates and proposals for revenue potentials.
- Analyzed gas turbine components deficiencies and made appropriate recommendations.
- Prepared Engineering Reports plan and studies.
- Represented the division at technical meetings with manufacturers and other outside agencies
- Reviewed and approved engineering design, data, and reports.
- Completed or provided technical investigations services and engineering support activities.
- Solicited and managed engineering tasks from the Generation Department.
- Exercised control over scheduling, progress materials, and costing.
- Project Management.
02/87 to 01/93 Plant Engineer at Uthmaniyah/Faras Power Plants /SCECO-EAST
- Performed the full duties and responsibilities of the Test & Inspection Engineer.
- Prepared and developed comprehensive PM Package for gas turbine and its auxiliaries.
- Handled the plant’s day-to-day maintenance problems.
- Supervisor the Major Generator Inspection of GE7001E & W501D4 hydrogen cooled generators
- Provided technical support to various division units in areas involving Mechanical repairs and inspection of Gas Turbine parts.
- Performed successfully as a T&I Engineer- all kinds of Gas Turbine inspections, combustion, hot gas path, and major overhaul inspection.
02/85 to 01/1987 Mechanical Engineer in Saudi Automotive Services Company (SAASCO)
- Participated in the design revisions, erection supervision and commissioning of all workshops and service stations mechanical items.
- Provided technical support to various workshops and service station personnel.
06/1980 to 01/1985 Mechanical Power Engineer- Parsons Brnkerhoff
- Provided consultant services and supervision of erection, commissioning and maintenance of 9X10 MW Turbo Charged Electric Diesel Generating sets.
- Reviewed technical documentation and provided technical support in areas involving erection and commissioning of three Frame-5 GE Gas Turbine owned by Arab Sudanese Poultry Company of Sudan.
04/1979 to 05/1980 Trainee Mechanical Engineer, Kenana Sugar Factory Sudan
- Worked under the directions of ARKEL, Inc. USA and performed a wide variety of mechanical functions related to the commissioning of the Plant’s Power House facilities.
- Attended six-month overseas training in Britania Sugar Estate factory in MAURITIUS during which participated in the plant various maintenance activities.
- 6-month overseas training on rotating equipment MAURITIUS
- Metallurgy for non-Metallurgists -1996 Non-Destructive Testing Technology Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Developing hydraulic troubleshooting skills (1994) TPC Training System Division of Telemedia, Inc. Buffalo-Illinois, USA.
- Total Quality Management 1995 – SCECO-East Central Training Institute.
- Planning and Budgeting 1995 – SCECO-East Central Training Institute.
- First Line Supervisory 1994 – SCECO-East Training Institute
- Managing Employees Performance 1993- SCECO-East Central Training Institute.
- Time Management 1994 – SCECO-East Central Training Institute.
- Effective SCECO-East Supervision 05, 1998 SCECO-East Central Training Institute.
- ROTATE 98 (June 1998) Institute for International Research Dubai-UAE
- Statistical Thinking-For Management-PROMIS-19-22 Sept 1999,Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- Middle Management. -1999- SCECO-East Training Institute
- Fundamentals of microstation.2000 Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
- First international GE Gas turbine conference-Dubai –UAE.
- GTUA 46 (Gas Turbine Users Association Conference May 2001) Banff-Canada