Fun Arabic Learning and Arabic teaching September 1998 – Present
I have been teaching Arabic in community settings in Northampton and Cardiff since 1998, both to English speakers and native Arabic speakers.
Fun Arabic Learning is an initiative I have been working on for over a decade in my spare time, combining my passions for design and the Arabic language. It is a series of books I designed and published, with the aim of being a fun, colourful way of introducing primary school children to the Arabic language. This has imparted a number of very useful skills including:
• Curriculum planning, designing tailored exercises and delivery of lessons.
• Creating textbooks and workbooks to print.
• Marketing and communicating with learners and teachers; attending to their different requirements and changing needs
Learning Support Assistant
St Cyres High School | Penarth, UK September 2019 – Present
St Joseph’s RC Primary School | Penarth, UK March 2019 – September 2019
Adamsdown Primary School| Cardiff, UK January 2019 – February 2019
In my roles as a learning support assistant, I support small groups of EAL students or offer one-to-one assistance. Typical responsibilities includes:
• enhance literacy and numeracy skills.
• Deal with challenging behaviour and Develop social/emotional and mobility skills.
• Monitor progress of the pupil and target areas for improvement.
Arabic Teacher Sept 2016 –Aug 2018
Cardiff Muslim Primary School | Cardiff, UK
Teaching Arabic to classes Reception – year 6 as a core subjects. I took responsibility for content management of curriculum insuring continuity across the school and attention to different abilities of pupils. my duties included:
• Plan and deliver the Arabic program of studies, scheme of work and lessons.
• Manage classrooms, setting groups and plan assistants’ work.
• Carry assessment and report progress to head teacher and parents. Help teachers liaise with Arabic speaking parents.
Head of Engineering Department Sept 2014—Feb 2016
National Fund for Housing and Reconstruction | Khartoum, Sudan
Heading a team of six employees, duties undertaken included:
• Participating in executive meetings and executive decision making.
• Planning of yearly and quarterly activities, working through projects and reporting progress to management.
• Managing research projects in building materials and rural development fields.
Office Administrator Jan 2014—Aug 2014
Sudanese Engineering Society | Khartoum, Sudan
The Sudanese Engineering Society is a professional body that works in co-operation with the Sudanese Engineering
Council to assess applications for chartered engineer status. Duties included:
• Review, design, and implementation of processes in several key areas, including human resources and project
• Responsible for keeping key operations smooth and seamless.
• Coordination of ongoing activities such as publications, workshops, awareness sessions, and conferences.
Senior Architect / Project Manager Dec 2007—Dec 2013
Bee Group | Khartoum, Sudan
Bee Group is a Sudanese conglomerate with branches in property development, petroleum, agriculture, and more. Worked in an engineering and management capacity:
• Member of the board of directors, and involved in high-level strategic planning.
• Responsible for the completion of numerous property related projects. Involved overseeing of design, engineering, marketing and promotion, and sales.
• General Manager for Hadeed Company Ltd (subsidiary of Bee Group), which primarily trades in the IT and
automotive industries. Responsible for negotiating with suppliers, marketing, sales and after sales services.
Office Manager June 1997—Feb 2006
Homewise Property Management | Northampton, UK
Homewise Property Management was a small family business with branches in Northampton and Cambridge.
• Taking part in development and management of business processes for purchase, renovation, sales, and letting of
• Participated in on-going feasibility studies and market research to assist decision making for different properties.
• Ensured that the office was a conductive environment for work.
Junior Architect Apr 1992—May 1996
Bee Group, Bee Development & Housing | Khartoum, Sudan
Bee Development and Housing works in the field of property development. My responsibilities involved:
• Re-design and renovation of existing properties.
• Part of a team responsible for design, completion of drawings and planning permission for numerous property
• Preparing marketing materials and follow up with customers
Teaching Assistant Level 3
QCF level 3 Diploma in Specialist
Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
ACT Training ltd, Cardiff, May 2019
Qatar Foundation International CPD
program in teaching Arabic in UK schools
SOAS Language Centre, University of
London, July 2017
MSc. Architecture: Advanced
Environmental and Energy Studies
University of East London February 2015
Post Graduate Diploma in Office Systems and Data Communications
University College Northampton December 1998
BSc. Hons in Architecture Engineering
University of Khartoum March 1991