Total Years of Experience: 30 years, 1 month
- Internal Audit Manager at Arab Authority for Agricultural Investment and
Development(AAAID) October 2010 – April 2019 Sudan – Khartoum
The reporting level:
To maintain the independency and objectivity as a chief Audit Executive, I report technically to (AAAID) Audit Committee of the board of directors, and administratively to the CEO of AAAID.
The job Responsibilities:
Develop a risk-based, flexible annual audit plan that includes management’s concern, submitted to the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of directors.
Implement the annual audit plan, including special tasks requested by management.
Maintain the Internal Audit Staff.
Issue periodic reports about AAAID Agricultural activities, and the results of the AAAID investment in financial securities.
Assess the adequacy of the internal controls and provide the Audit committee with the results concerning the different agricultural projects.
Coordinate with the external auditors to provide optimal audit coverage at a reasonable cost.
- Financial Analyst at Arab Authority for Agricultural Investment and Development (AAAID) June 2008 – September 2010 Sudan – Khartoum
working as a Financial Analyst and Expert in the Projects department which considered as a Centre of exellence in investment in the Arab region, aiming at:
-Provide consulting services in the area of Agriculture, support and complimentary services to agricultural activities and Agro industrial Projects.
-Preparation and evaluation of studies for rehabilitation, restructuring, and expansion of existing Agricultural companies for finance reasons.
– Prepartion of Technical and Financial feasibilty studies.
-Participate in the projects identification processes.
-Participate in the preparation of the Pre-feasibility and the final Feasibility studies for the various investment projects.
– Emphasizing conformity between the project concept and the methodology of implementation to ensure the feasibility and sustainability of investment.
-Prepartion of the finacial projection for the proposed projects.
- Financial Controller at Shell Oil company LTD Sudan June 2007 – May 2008 Sudan – Khartoum
-Promote effeciency and effectiveness of operations by adhering to the Group policies and procedures.
– Preserve the reliability and integrity of financial information.
– Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
– Enforce financial control processes. Interpret Group policies to support day-to-day operations.
– Assist in the development, monitoring and maintenance of the procedures to ensure that the business decisions are financially optimised.
– Ensure maintenance of sound accounting records and that postings are made in accordance with corporate accounts structure and within relevant standards.
– Ensure that stocks are properly accounted for, valued and reconciled to support financial reporting.
– Ensure that all subsidiary ledgers are reconciled with the GL.
– Prepare statutory accounts and manage relations with external auditors to ensure finalization of the accounts within the agreed timetable.
– Prepare Businees profit Tax, arrange for payments and liaise with Tax Advisor and local TAX Authorities to finalise tax assessments.
– Manage the finance staff by setting measurable tasks and targets, monitor performance against tasks and accordingly determine the training and development needs for the staff.
-HSSE. Ensure own and staff compliance with the company and Group’s Health, Safety, Security and Enviroment requirements.
-Budgeting: Control capital budgeting, authorisaton, fund release and commitments taking.
- Accounting Manager at DAL Food Industries- Coca- Cola Sudan October 2004 – May 2007
Sudan – Khartoum
• Liaised and negotiated with Price Waterhouse Coopers to obtain and build policies and procedures /process mapping across DAL Group.
• Member of the core team responsible for the development and implementation of SAGE sales and distribution module.
• Directing a crack team of highly qualified financial professionals in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operation of the financial department.
• Designing and implementing customized turnkey strategic accounting solutions and indicators for diverse geographic locations to streamline generic and regional business components.
• Spearheading the development and implementation of financial policies, systems procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth cash flow, streamlining budgets and establishing stringent procurement and expense guidelines.
• Reviewing and preparing monthly financial income statements, balance sheets, internal audit, cash flow projection etc.to reduce cost and for budget compliance.
• Overseeing the company’s complete finance functions including preparation of quarterly / annual published accounts in addition to preparing and reviewing P&L associated financial statements, summaries and other cost benefit analysis.
• Responsible for driving strong business performance month on month, developing financial and governance strategies, budgeting, negotiating and forecasting.
• Evaluating viability of proposed business ventures in view of organization’s current commitments, proposed lock in period, long term solvency and possible market variances.
• Monitoring financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities to recommend and effect requisite modifications in operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions.
• Ensuring compliance with corporate policies, procedures and other internal controls. Finance and
- Administration Manager at Arab Company for Production & Marketing of Fodder
September 2003 – September 2004 Sudan – Khartoum
• Responsible for controlling and supervising all financial and administrative matters of the company.
• Analyzed business performance reports to manage short and long term debts, cash rollover, budget and investment proposals.
• Examined collection reports to determine status and recommended changes in current collection practices and policies accordingly and reported status to top management.
• Liaised and negotiated with principal clients and suppliers (local and international) for procurement and clearance of goods.
• Coordinated with financial institutions and government departments for Customs, Income tax, Sales tax, Labor and Industries policy and procedures.
• Analyzed credit policy feasibility in view of revenue generated and profits and initiated recovery processes through agencies and banks.
• Designed budget guidelines to optimize cash flows, managed investments and working capital requirements and advised higher management on optimal utilization of financial structures within the company to enhance return on investment.
- Financial Controller at Riyadh House Establishment ( Jeraisy )January 1990 – June 2003 Saudi Arabia
• Core member for the implementation of Oracle Financial ERP Package in the company.
• As a senior member of management team reporting directly to Board of Directors, responsible for overseeing the company’s complete finance functions including preparation of quarterly / annual published accounts.
• Managed key accounts of the company, prepared annual budget, supervised corporate affairs and managed taxation matters.
• Worked with the financial planning and analysis manager to help develop systems to effectively monitor efficiency, productivity and profitability of business.
• Supervised financial and currency processes and transactions in accordance with policy and law to optimize cost effectiveness of activities.
• Planned, Managed and directed the accounting section for the accurate and timely execution of accounting policies and procedures.
• Directed and oversaw all financial accounting activities like invoicing, refunds, payroll management, collection of accounts receivable, payment of suppliers etc.
• Evaluated permissible credit for clients and sanctioned the same, post examination of all related documentation and subsequent follow-up of receivables.
• Monitored inventory levels to verify the availability of sufficient dead stock provision at the end of the year.
• Held total responsibility for all negotiations with banks and handled all banking correspondence including letter of credit, letter of guarantees and bank reconciliations.
• Facilitated external audits for the region and ensured the proper implementation of company policies and procedures and reported discrepancies.
- Other relevant Experiences:
• May 1988 – Dec 1989:
Income Generation Project Coordinator PLAN Sudan ( American Development Agency )
• Nov 1985 – April 1988: Finance Officer
UN Commissioner for Refugees Office – Showak
- Bachelor’s degree / Accounting at University of Khartoum – Faculty of Economics/ Accounting
Sudan – Khartoum November 1985
– CPA 2002 California .
– Public accountancy practice permit from Delaware PA-000216.
– Continuous professional education to comply with Delaware board requirements.
Auditing & Accounting, Financial Analysis & Mgt., Credit Mgt., Taxation / Level: Expert
Costing, Cost Control, Financial Consultancy, Financial Structures & Procedures / Level: Expert
Financial Control, P&L Statements, Balance Sheets, Budgeting and Cash Flow / Level: Expert
Quality & Business Management, Asset Management, Inventory & Payroll Cycle / Level: Expert
Financial Reengineering / Level: Expert
Accounting System Programming, ERP Packages, Oracle Financial & Sage Line 500 & MS Office / Level: Expert
Excellent Communication, Interpersonal, Negotiation, Teambuilding, Analytical and Leadership skills / Level: Expert