Mohamed D.M. Salih
1974 Saint Paul St., Denver, Colorado 80210
A bright, talented, and ambitious lawyer with experience in representing clients across a wide variety of legal matters. Experience working in diverse areas of law and legal systems (Sudan, Morocco) and knowledge of the U.S. legal system (as a participant in the Mediation Practicum program at the University of Denver with Denver County Court, Adams Cony Court, and the Better Business Bureau in Colorado).
Extensive experience supporting clients. Significant experience in the courtroom. Creative problem-solver critical thinker possess a strong work ethic. Has the ability to combine information into cohesive, impactful arguments. Will always use the law to protect and provide for the best interests of clients through negotiation and settlement.
Desire to gain work experience in corporate or other diverse areas of law within the private sector or a law firm. Fluent in Arabic & English. Proficient in the use of technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, internet usage, etc.).
Master’s in Law, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado, USA Dec 2019
- Relevant Coursework: Introduction to the American Legal System, International and Comparative Petroleum Law, Direct Research in Corporate Social Responsibility in Oil & Gas, Negotiation & Mediation, Commercial Law, Corporate Law, Legal Writing & Research, Legal Professional Ethics, Mediation Practicum.
The University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Certificate of Completion:
Mediation Training and Mentoring Nov 2019
Master’s in Business Law, University of Hassan II, Casablanca, MOROCCO Sep 2009-Jul 2012
- Relevant Coursework: Corporate & Trademark Law, Contract Law, Intellectual Property, Foreign Investment Law, Labor Law, Business Criminal Law, Civil Law, Civil & Criminal Procedures, Direct Research in Mergers & Acquisitions and tax.
- Two graduate courses in French.
- Four-month work experience at a Moroccan paint company in its Legal Department.
- Graduated with honors.
Passed the Bar Exam in Sudan Aug 20008
Bachelor’s in Law, Al Neelain University, Khartoum, SUDAN Aug 2003-Aug 2007
- Relevant Coursework: Constitutional Law, Contract Law, Labor Law, Civil Procedures, Criminal Procedures, Evidence, Administrative Law, Introduction to Legal Studies, Commercial Law, Criminal Law, Legal English Terminology.
- Graduated with second division honors.
SEEMA Centre for Training & Protection of Women & Child’s Rights, Khartoum, SUDAN Oct 2012-Jun 2016
- Provided legal advice to the organization.
TRACKS for Training & Human Development, Khartoum, SUDAN Jun 2013-Jan 2016
- Provided legal advice to the organization.
- Defended the organization’s members in court.
Nabil Adib Law Firm, Khartoum, SUDAN 0ct 2008-–Dec 2016
- Provided legal consultations in the following areas of Sudanese law: business/corporate, civil (family law, divorce), human rights, administrative.
- Educated clients in law pertaining to their cases and advised them on the most appropriate legal remedy.
- Represented clients in trial courts, appellate courts, and the Supreme Court of Sudan.
- Established what needed to be done to solve a client’s legal problems.
- Reviewed legal documents to ensure they are in the proper format and contain all the necessary paperwork for court acceptance.
- Wrote corresponding petitions and assessments, and prepared and filed the necessary paperwork with the courts.
- Attracted additional business from new and existing clients.
- Held regular casework meetings and reviewed with other legal professionals.
- Involved in drafting precedents and documents.
- Establish the business names, companies, partnerships, trademarks, agencies and commercial licenses at the competent authorities.
- Advising businesses on the impact, interpretation, and implementation of new policies and legislation.
- The Nabil Adib firm is one of the most well-respected law firms in Sudan; Mr. Adib received a “Hero of Human Rights Award” from the European Union during my time there.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Sharing legal information, tips, and advice with work colleagues. Excellent problem solving and solution finding skills.
- Always respecting the differing needs, culture, and values of clients.
- Drafting legal paperwork and material.
- Positive, confident and friendly demeanor with a high level of integrity.
- Confident in presenting to decision-makers in both public and private organizations.