Highly qualified expert geoscientist with extensive experience ( including 15 years with Chevron Corporation) in a wide range of geophysical and geological areas, in variety of basins, both offshore & onshore, each with its own specific challenges.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to deploy new technologies for finding & developing new HC resources.
Ability to initiate, coordinate, manage, and execute projects and focus on timely and quality products and meet company established goals. Equally comfortable collaborating in team efforts, working independently, or leading others.
Self-motivated, with a proven record of reliability and responsibility.
Strong communication skills, with the ability to build a good teamwork relationship with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities.
Areas of Expertise
- Seismic data processing, imaging, and interpretation
- New venture opportunities identification, ranging from “stoplight map” basin-wide evaluations for prospective screening to detailed prospect generation, maturation, and risk analysis.
- Salt tectonics and deep-water subsalt exploration.
- Seismic inversion.
- Attribute analysis.
- Volume visualization
- Velocity modeling for time-depth conversion.
- Forward Seismic modeling.
- Seismic sequence stratigraphy.
- Well log analysis.
- Petroleum geochemistry.
- Basin analysis.
- Project management.
- Petroleum contracts evaluation and negotiation.
Education Ph.D. – Geophysics, University of Oklahoma, Norman, USA Oklahoma M.S. – Geosciences, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA B.S. – Applied Geology, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Honors and Awards
The Geological Society of America (GSA), Ph.D. Research Grant.
The Society of Exploration Geophysics (SEG), Ph.D. Dissertation Scholarship.
The American Association of Petroleum geologists Ph.D. Research Grant Chevron’s master thesis research scholarship, the University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
Active member (since 1992), Society of Exploration Geophysics (SEG) Active member (since 1985), American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Member of Houston Geophysical Society (HGS)